University of Aberdeen
About the University
The University of Aberdeen is an ancient university and is the third oldest university in Scotland. It was founded in 1495 making it also the fifth oldest university in the UK. Housing 15,000 students from over 120 countries creates a multi-cultural hub that connects you to the different worlds cultures. With over 650 undergraduate programmes and leading research centers housing 5000 postgraduate students, University of Aberdeen boasts academic excellence in a magnificent environment of Scottish landscapes including 11 halls of residence to support your learning and growth. Boasting a 1st place position in the UK for dentistry and 2nd place for medicine and sports science, it is a worthy destination to consider if wanting to become a doctor, dentist and or sports science specialist. With over 75% of the research produced by the institute being classified as world leading, you will only be exposed to the best of academic resources.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at the University of Aberdeen that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- 11 different housing accommodations including single bedrooms with shared kitchen however and options for shared bathrooms or en-suite facilities.
- Accommodation fees range from £90-£148 per week for 38-49 weeks.
- Different accommodations are available for undergraduates and postgraduates.
International Student - Finance
University of Aberdeen boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- An undergraduate Master of Arts in Business Management would pay £17,200 tuition fees per year totaling £68,800.
- An undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering would pay £19,700 tuition fees per year totaling £78,800.
- An arts-based Doctor of Philosophy Degree (PhD) would pay £16,500 tuition fees per year totaling £49,500.
- Minimum costs of living is recommended £1015 per month. If you require a Tier 4 visa then you need an additional £450 for NHS health surcharge fees per year of study.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Kings Education
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Aberdeen offers scholarships:
- Aberdeen Global Scholarship
- Boehringer Ingelheim PhD Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Aberdeen is leading research in:
- Energy Transition
- Social Inclusion and Cultural Diversity
- Environment and Biodiversity
- Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Health, Nutrition and Wellbeing
RANK - 2021
RANK - Accounting & Finance
RANK - Law
RANK - Medicine
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|