About the University
Aston University is a public research university founded in 1895 as Birmingham Municipal Technical School until it became a university in 1966. The university accommodates over 16,000 students with 4,000 being postgraduates. The university is the first to pioneer an integrated placement over 50 years ago, and boasts the largest student percentage of 73% that take a placement year. All of the universities faculties are based on one campus that is organized into the following five schools; Aston Business School, Aston Medical School, School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Life and Health Sciences and School of Languages and Social Sciences. 86% of research undertaken is described as ‘internationally significant’ as the universities strengths are ranked in the top 12 in the UK. Strengths include Business and Management, General Engineering, Medicine (Optometry, Biology, Pharmacy and Psychology) and Languages and European Studies.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Aston University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of either a room in a 5 bed or 7 bed flat split between 3 accommodation buildings all on campus. Unfortunately you have no choice of accommodation building.
- Accommodation fees range from £138-£144 per week for 45-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
Aston University boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students are required to pay their tuition fees in three installments, 50% in the first installment and 25% in the second and third installment.
- Aston Business School tuition fees cost £15,950 per year.
- Aston Medical School tuition fees cost £42,750.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost between £17,050 – £19,800 per year.
- Placement year costs £2,500.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Kaplan International
- Kings Education
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
Aston University offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Global Excellence Scholarship
- Women in Engineering Scholarship
- Global Ambassador Scholarship
- Global Connections Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. Aston University is leading research in:
RANK - 2021
RANK - General Engineering
RANK - Optometry
RANK - Aural & Oral Sciences
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|