About the University
Bangor University is a public university founded in 1884. The university accommodates over 10,000 students with 2500 being postgraduates. The university boasts 90 societies and 50 sports clubs to participate in. Bangor university has also been awarded a ‘Gold’ by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) demonstrating that it offers teaching of the highest quality. 77% of the research produced is rated in the top two tiers of research quality with 75% being considered world-leading. The university also offers guaranteed accommodation for all first-year undergraduate students. There are 3000 available rooms in the halls of residence that is walking distance to the university teaching campus. The three main colleges are College of Arts, Humanities and Business, College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, and College of Human Sciences.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Bangor University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Guaranteed accommodation for all undergraduate students within the 3000 rooms available for those who hold Bangor as their firm choice.
- Options of either a room in a 5-8 bed flat split between 2 accommodation buildings at Ffriddoedd Village and St Mary’s Village.
- Accommodation fees range from £134-£195 per week for approximately 42 weeks.
- On-site of the accommodations is a shop/café, fitness room, sports centre, launderette, IT suite and common rooms.
International Student - Finance
Bangor University boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Undergraduate courses tuition fees cost range from £14,500 – £18,000.
- Postgraduate taught courses tuition fees cost range from £14,800 – £19,800.
- Postgraduate research courses tuition fees cost range from £14,500 – £ 20,800
- International student will be required to pay a deposit when acceptance to study at Bangor University is confirmed which offset the first year tuition fee.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Kaplan International
- Oxford International
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
Bangor University offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Dean Scholarship
- International Scholarship
- Chevening Partnership Scholarship
- Fullbright Bangor University Award
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. Bangor University is leading research in:
- Material Science
- Predictive Modelling
- Low Carbon Solutions
RANK - 2021
RANK - Electrical & Electronic Engineering
RANK - Agriculture & Forestry
RANK - Medical Technology
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|