Birkbeck College University of London
About the University
Birkbeck College University of London is a public research university founded established in 1823 as London Mechanics Institute until it became a university in 1920. The university accommodates over 11,400 students with 4,300 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Birkbeck College University of London that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of standard, double and ensuite rooms available at Birkbeck university on campus accommodation however many private accommodation options are also available too. Accommodation is available at the University of London Intercollegiate Halls.
- Accommodation fees range from £196-£313 per week for 40-50 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
Birkbeck College University of London boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students have the option to pay their tuition fees in full or in instalments.
- Aston Business School tuition fees cost £14,280 for first year.
- Computing course tuition fees cost £14,280 for first year.
- Science based course tuition fees cost £14,280 for first year.
- Fine Arts based course tuition fees cost £14,280 for first year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
Birkbeck College University of London offers scholarships:
- Birkbeck International Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. Birkbeck College University of London is leading research in:
- Preserving Knowledge of World’s Most Diverse Biological Reservoir
- Gendered Marketing of Children’s Items
- Emerging Digital Technology
- The Wellbeing of Healthcare Workers
- Sibling, Contact and the Law
- Problem-Solving in Youth Courts
- Tackling the Spread of Malaria
- The Impact of Air Pollution and Urban Noise on Children
- What can we learn from Fiction?
RANK - 2021
RANK - N/A
RANK - N/A
RANK - N/A
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|