De Montfort University
About the University
De Montfort University is a public university founded in 1870 as Leicester School of Art until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 26,000 student with 4,000 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Aston University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Accommodation includes 3 halls owned by DMU and 10 privately owned halls.
- Accommodation fees range from £100-£200 per week for 38-48 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
De Montfort University boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Two instalment plans you can opt to follow your tuition fees payment. Both plans (1 & 2) require payment of 50% in advance of enrolment then the remainder in instalments. Plan 1 in 3 instalments whereas Plan 2 in 7.
- Arts, Business, Media, Engineering, Computing and Health & Life Sciences Undergraduate courses tuition fees cost between £13,750 – £14,250 per year. For Postgraduate course tuition fees range between £13,600 – £21,000 for the one year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Oxford International
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
De Montfort University offers scholarships:
- DMU International Scholarship
- EDI Postgraduate Scholarship
- DMU Sports Scholarship
- Sustainability Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. De Montfort University is leading research in:
- Arts, Design & Humanities
- Business and Law
- Computing, Engineering and Media
- Health and Life Sciences
RANK - 2021
RANK - Architecture
RANK - Forensic Science
RANK - Librarianship & Info. Management
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|