Liverpool John Moores University
About the University
Liverpool John Moores University is a public research university founded in 1823 as Liverpool Mechanics School of Arts until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 24,000 students with 4,700 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Liverpool John Moores University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options for standard, ensuite and studio rooms at Mount Pleasant and City Campus accommodation. Mount Pleasant is home to faculties of Business & Law and Arts, Professional & Social Studies. City Campus is home to faculties of Health, Science, Engineering & Technology.
- Accommodation fees range from £114-£171 per week for 42 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
Liverpool John Moores University boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Foundation programmes tuition fee cost £11,000 for the one year.
- Classroom based Under/postgraduate course tuition fee cost £15,600 per year.
- Lab based Under/postgraduate course tuition fee cost £16,100 per year.
- Placement year costs £3,650.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
Liverpool John Moores University offers scholarships:
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- LJMU Sports Scholarship
- LJMU Regional Under/postgraduate Scholarships
- International Achievement Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. Liverpool John Moores University is leading research in:
- Art and Technology
- Brain and Behaviour
- Evolution, Anthropology and Palaeoecology
- Literature and Cultural History
- Public Health
- Sport and Exercise Science
RANK - 2021
RANK - Art & Design
RANK - Sports Science
RANK - Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|