Manchester Metropolitan University
About the University
Manchester Metropolitan University is a public university founded in 1824 as Manchester Mechanics Institute until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 33,000 students with 6,700 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Manchester Metropolitan University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of either classic, ensuite and premium rooms over 11 different accommodation sites.
- Accommodation fees range from £112-£224 per week for 45-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
Manchester Metropolitan University boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Undergraduate course programme tuition fee costs between £15,000 – £16,500 per year.
- Postgraduate taught course programme tuition fee costs between £16,000 – £17,000 per year.
- Postgraduate research course tuition fees costs for classrooms are £16,000.
- Postgraduate research course tuition fees costs for lab/studio are £16,000.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
Manchester Metropolitan University offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
- International Undergraduate Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. Manchester Metropolitan University is leading research in:
- Advanced Computational Science
- Advanced Materials and Surface Engineering
- Applied Social Sciences
- Business Transformations
- Ecology and Environment
- Education and Social
- Musculoskeletal science and sports medicine
RANK - 2021
RANK - Art & Design
RANK - Aural & Oral Sciences
RANK - Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|