University of Northumbria
About the University
University of Northumbria is a public university founded in 1880 as Rutherford College of Technology until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 26,500 students with 5,480 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Northumbria that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of rooms at 9 different accommodation residencies. Single, ensuite and studio rooms available. £250 deposit is required.
- Accommodation fees range from £80-£175 per week for 39-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Northumbria boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- All undergraduate courses tuition fee costs £15,500 per year.
- Pathway Programme (QA) course cost £10,000 for 2 semesters up to 4 semesters costing £19,500.
- Undergraduate Study Abroad Year cost £1,385.
- Undergraduate Placement/Sandwich Year cost £1,850.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Northumbria offers scholarships:
- Northumbria Global Scholarship
- Sanctuary Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Northumbria is leading research in:
- Extreme Environments
- Future Engineering
- Digital Living
- Environmental and Global Justice
RANK - 2021
RANK - Building
RANK - Architecture
RANK - Communication & Media Studies
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|