St Mary's University
About the University
St Mary’s University is a public university founded in 1850 as St Mary’s College until it became a university in 2014. The university accommodates over 5,500 students with 2,000 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at St Mary’s University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of twin shared, single and ensuite rooms located at De Marillac; Cashin & Cronin accommodations offer ensuite rooms. Clive; Grahman, Wiseman and Doyle; Waldegrave Park Houses; 16 Strawberry Hill Road; and Old House accommodations offer standard rooms. Waldegrave Park Houses accommodation offers twin shared rooms.
- Accommodation fees range from £144-£238 per week for 40-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
St Mary’s University does not have a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are not charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students have the option of paying tuition fees in full or in a 3 part instalment payment plan.
- St Mary’s Business School tuition fees cost £12,250 per for first year.
- Engineering, Fine Art and Science undergraduate programmes tuition fees cost £12,250 for first year.
- Postgraduate taught programmes tuition fees cost £13,650 for first year.
- Postgraduate research Art, Social Sciences and Theology programmes tuition fees cost £12,730. Science programmes cost £13,800.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Holmes Education Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
St Mary’s University offers scholarships:
- St Mary’s International Undergraduate Scholarship
- St Mary’s International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. St Mary’s University is leading research in:
- Business and Law
- Communications, Humanities and Social Policy
- Education and Teaching
- English and Creative Arts
- Human and Applied Sciences
- Theology and Ethics
RANK - 2021
RANK - Creative Writing
RANK - Education
RANK - Theology & Religious Studies
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|