About the University
Swansea University is a public research university founded established in 1920 as University College of Swansea until it became a university in 1920. The university accommodates over 20,600 students with 4,000 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at Swansea University that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of over 2002 rooms including standard, shared, ensuite and premium options. Accommodation sites including: Bay Campus; Beck House; Hendrefoelan Student Village: and Singleton Park.
- Accommodation fees range from £95-£216 per week for 40 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
Swansea University boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students have the option to pay their tuition fees in full or in instalments. The annual fee is subject to an increase of 3% ever year of study.
- Swansea Business School tuition fees cost £15,900 for first year.
- Swansea Medical School tuition fees cost £36,750 for first year.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost £20,050 for first year.
- Science based programmes tuition fees cost around £18,000 for first year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
Swansea University offers scholarships:
- International Excellence Scholarship
- Pharmacy Scholarship
- Music Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- The School of Management’s Developing Futures Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. Swansea University is leading research in:
- Steel Innovation
- Health Innovation
- Smart Manufacturing
- Justice and Equality
- Sustainable Future, Energy and, The Environment
- Culture, Communications, and Heritage
- Digital Futures
RANK - 2021
RANK - Aeronautical Engineering
RANK - Materials Technology
RANK - Chemical Engineering
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|