University for the Creative Arts
Location: Canterbury, Kent, Epsom and Farnham
About the University
University for the Creative Arts is a specialist art and design university in the south of England. It was founded in 1856 as Guildford School of Art until it became a university in 2005. The university accommodates over 6,000 with 300 being postgraduates. A diverse range of students housing 91 different nations at UCA with 17% of student population from outside UK.
The university is home to UK’s first Business School for the Creative Industries located at UCA Epsom.
The university is organized into seven academic schools: Canterbury School of Architecture; Communication Design; Crafts & Design; Fashion; Film, Media & Performing Arts; Fine Art & Photography; and Further Education. It also has five research centres: Centre for Digital Scholarship, Centre for Sustainable Design, Crafts Study Centre, Fine Art & Photography Research Centre, and International Textile Research Centre.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University for the Creative Arts that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of either a room in a 5 bed or 7 bed flat split between 3 accommodation buildings all on campus. Unfortunately you have no choice of accommodation building.
- Accommodation fees range from £138-£144 per week for 45-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University for the Creative Arts boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Pre-sessional English course tuition fees costs between £2,100 – £6,300 for 5,10 or 15 weeks.
- International Pathway course tuition fees cost around £14,800.
- Postgraduate course tuition fees costs between £16,950 – £18,020.
- Undergraduate course tuition fees cost around £16,950.
- Further education course tuition fees cost around £13,340.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Holmes Education Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University for the Creative Arts offers scholarships:
- Diploma 2 Degree Scholarship
- Sir Ray Tindle Scholarship
- Elizabeth Hammond Bursary Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University for the Creative Arts is leading research in:
- Architecture Research Projects
- Communication & Design Research Projects
- Craft & Design Research Projects
- Fashion Research Projects
RANK - 2021
RANK - Architecture
RANK - Drama, Dance & Cinematics
RANK - Art & Design
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|