University of Bedfordshire
Location: Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
About the University
University of Bedfordshire is a public university founded in 1882 as Teacher Training College and promoted to University status in 1993. The university accommodates 14,000 students of which 2,500 are postgraduates and 4500 are international students from more than 100 countries. 35% of the research done at University of Bedfordshire is considered world-leading. Top research units include Earth Systems & Environmental Science Social Work, Social Policy and Administration; English Language and Literature; and Communications, Cultural and Media Studies. It has also been awarded a ‘Silver’ by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) demonstrating that it offers teaching of the good quality.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Bedfordshire that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of either a room in a 5 bed flat split between 3 accommodation buildings at Bedford Polhill Park, Luton Student Village and Bedford Student Village.
- Accommodation fees range from £109-£140 per week for approximately 42-51 weeks.
- Fees include bills, free high speed Wi-Fi, insurance of up to £4,000 for your belongings, 24/7 security.
- Also available is on-site laundry room, cinema room, gym and car parking nearby.
International Student - Finance
University of Bedfordshire boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Undergraduate courses tuition fees cost £12,650 (with or without foundation year).
- Postgraduate taught courses tuition fees cost £13,000 however £15,320 for 2 year with placement.
- MBA degree courses tuition fees cost £14,250 however £16,000 for 2 year with placement.
- International student will be required to pay a deposit when acceptance to study at University of Bedfordshire is confirmed which offset the first year tuition fee.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Holmes Education Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Bedfordshire offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Bedfordshire is leading research in:
- Business Management
- Computer Science and Informatics
RANK - 2021
RANK - Business & Management Studies
RANK - Computer Science
RANK - Electrical & Electronic Engineering
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|