University of Derby
About the University
University of Derby is a public university founded in 1851 as Teacher Training College until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates 20,000 students with 4,400 being postgraduates. The university is structured into multiple schools under 5 main colleges: College of Arts, Humanities and Education; College of Engineering and Technology; College of Business, Law and Social Sciences; College of Health and Social Care; and College of Life and Natural Sciences.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Derby that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- A large selection of up to 8 different halls of student accommodation located at Derby, Buxton and Chesterfield.
- Accommodation fees range from £136-£150 per week for 42 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Derby boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students are required to pay enrolment fee whether in September or January of £3,000 in advance.
- Undergraduate course tuition fees cost between £14,045 – £14,700.
- Postgraduate course tuition fees cost around £14,700 however may vary more or less based on course type.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Derby offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Excellent International Scholarship
- MBA Leadership Scholarship
- Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarship
- Sports Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Derby is leading research in:
- Strategies to support a greener economy
- Audio Engineering
- Lean Logistics Research
- Conserving Coral Reefs during Climate Change
RANK - 2021
RANK - Electrical Engineering
RANK - Architecture
RANK - Geology
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|