UNIVERSITY of Durham
Location: Durham and Stockton-on-Tees
About the University
University of Durham is a collegiate public research university founded in 1832. The university accommodates over 20,000 students with 4,700 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Durham that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Large selection of choices with over 10 colleges to live at. Each accommodation offers different features such as catered/ self-catered rooms, formal dinner rooms and chapel/multifaith rooms.
- Accommodation fees around £181 per week for 42 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Durham boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students are required to pay their tuition fees in three installments, 50% in the first installment and 25% in the second and third installment.
- Durham Business School tuition fees cost £22,900 per year.
- Engineering and STEM related programme course tuition fees cost between £23,400 – £27,350 per year.
- Placement year costs £2,500.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Durham offers scholarships:
- Chevening Scholarship
- China Council Scholarship
- Civil Society Leadership Awards (OSF)
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Durham – Palestine Educational Trust
- SAID Foundation Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Durham is leading research in:
- Process Industries and Surface Science
- Energy and Clean Growth
- Cosmology and Astronomy
- Heritage and Culture
- Hazard and Risk
RANK - 2021
RANK - Computer Science
RANK - Accounting & Finance
RANK - Business
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|