University of Essex
About the University
University of Essex is a public research university founded in 1964 and became a university in 1965. The university accommodates 15,000 students with 3,400 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Essex that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Accommodation available at Colchester, Southend and Loughton Campus with rooms, enhanced rooms that have been refurbished and premium rooms that have bigger beds and more living space.
- Accommodation fees range from £95-£228 per week for 39-50 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Essex does not have a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged a different tuition fee for each year.
- International students are required to pay an additional 5% per year of study for undergraduate courses.
- Essex Business School tuition fees cost £17,700 per year (Band B).
- Essex Engineering course tuition fees cost £19,670 per year (Band D).
- Life science and Psychology tuition fees cost £19,080 per year (Band C).
- All other degree course in Band A tuition fees cost £16,850 per year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Kaplan International
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Essex offers scholarships:
- Variety of Country Regional Scholarships
- EU Scholarship
- UKT Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Essex is leading research in:
- Science and Health
- Social Sciences
RANK - 2021
RANK - Electrical & Electronic Engineering
RANK - Mathematics
RANK - Sociology
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|