University of Huddersfield
Location: West Yorkshire
About the University
University of Huddersfield is a public research university founded in 1825 as Huddersfield Science and Mechanics Institute until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 17,000 students with 3,600 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Huddersfield that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of either a room in a 6 bed or 8 bed flat at either Ashenhurst Houses or Storthes Hall Park.
- Accommodation fees range from £70-£115 per week for around 42-50 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Huddersfield boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Undergraduate degree course tuition fees cost between £14,500 – £17,400.
- Placement year costs £1,500.
- Postgraduate taught degree course tuition fees cost between £14,500 – £17,400.
- Postgraduate research degree course tuition fees cost between £14,000 – £15,000.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Huddersfield offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Southeast Asian Scholarship
- Nigerian Scholarship
- Egypt/ Malaysian Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- Early Payment Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Huddersfield is leading research in:
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
RANK - 2021
RANK - Forensic Science
RANK - Occupational Therapy
RANK - Anatomy & Physiology
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|