University of Leicester
About the University
University of Leicester is a public research university founded in 1921 as Leicestershire and Rutland University College until it became a university in 1957. The university accommodates over 17,000 students with 4,700 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Leicester that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Range of single, ensuite and studio room options available over at a huge 24 accommodation housing selection.
- You are required to pay a £250 early rent payment but will be deducted from first payment.
- Accommodation fees range from £85-£169 per week for 40 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All/most bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Leicester boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Biochemistry undergraduate programme course tuition fee cost £21,515 per year.
- Leicester Business School undergraduate tuition fees cost £17,450 per year.
- Engineering undergraduate programme course tuition fees cost approximately £21,515 per year. Cost fee will vary depending on the engineering course type.
- Business Postgraduate programme tuition fee cost £20,825
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Leicester offers scholarships:
- President’s Under/postgraduate Scholarship
- Engineering Under/postgraduate Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Said Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Leicester is leading research in:
- Cultural and Media Economies
- Structural and Chemical Biology
RANK - 2021
RANK - Archaeology
RANK - Aeronautical Engineering
RANK - Medicine
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|