University of Plymouth
About the University
University of Plymouth is a public university founded in 1862 as Plymouth School of Navigation until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 23,300 students with 3,000 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Plymouth that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options for standard, ensuite and premium rooms in the range of accommodation halls: Franis Drake, Gilwell, Mary Newman, Pilgrim, Radnor, Robbins. 3 – 10 students per flat depending on hall.
- Accommodation fees range from £102-£183 per week for 42 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Plymouth boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Plymouth Business School tuition fees cost £14,200 per year.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost £14,200 per year.
- Science based programmes tuition fees cost £14,200 per year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Plymouth offers scholarships:
- Undergraduate International Student Scholarship
- Postgraduate International Student Scholarship
- International Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Mayflower 2020 Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Plymouth is leading research in:
- Health and Cancer
- Sustainable Earth
- Marine Life
- Agricultural Technology and Sustainability
RANK - 2021
RANK - Architecture
RANK - Aeronautical Engineering
RANK - Occupational Therapy
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|