University of Portsmouth
About the University
University of Portsmouth is a public university founded in 1870 as Portsmouth and Gosport School of Science and Art until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 25,500 students with 4,400 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Portsmouth that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of a large selection of halls and houses including standard, ensuite, and large rooms on offer.
- Payments of tuition fees are either paid in full or 50% at registration and the remaining in two instalments.
- Accommodation fees range from £99-£173 per week for 40-50 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Portsmouth boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- Portsmouth Business School tuition fees cost £14,300 per year.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost £16,400 per year.
- Science based programmes tuition fees cost £16,400 per year.
- Required to pay £3,500 deposit to confirm your place. The amount will be deducted from your first year tuition fee.
- Placement year fee is £2,500 – £17,600.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Portsmouth offers scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship
- Chancellor’s Global Academic Merit Scholarship
- School of the Environment, Geography and Geosciences (SEGG) Scholarship
- Faculty of Business and Law Postgraduate Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Portsmouth is leading research in:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Quantum Science
- Global Justice and Rights
- Pharmaceuticals and Biomedical Sciences
- Green Infrastructures
RANK - 2021
RANK - Aeronautical Engineering
RANK - Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
RANK - Anatomy & Physiology
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|