University of Sheffield
Location: South Yorkshire
About the University
University of Sheffield is a public research university founded in 1828 as Sheffield Medical School until it became a university in 1905. The university accommodates over 30,200 students with 11,000 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Sheffield that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options for standard, ensuite, deluxe and studio rooms at Ranmoor and Endcliffe accommodation sites.
- Accommodation fees range from £102-£174 per week for 42-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Sheffield boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students are required to pay their tuition fees in full or partially with instalments.
- Sheffield Business School tuition fees cost £19,050 per year.
- Sheffield Medical School tuition fees cost £36,240.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost £24,450 per year.
- Science based programmes tuition fees cost £24,450 per year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Sheffield offers scholarships:
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International Baccalaureate Scholarships
- GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- Gaza-Palestine Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Sheffield is leading research in:
- Sustainable Food
- Healthy Lifespan
RANK - 2021
RANK - Civil Engineering
RANK - Materials Technology
RANK - Architecture
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|