University of Strathclyde
About the University
University of Strathclyde is a public university founded in 1796 as Andersonian Institute until it became a university in 1964. The university accommodates over 22,600 students with 7,600 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Strathclyde that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of standard or ensuite rooms in flats of 4 to 6 students. Accommodation sites include: Andrew Ure Hall, Birbeck Court, Chancellors Hall, Forbes Hall, Garnett Hall, James Goold Hall, James Young Hall and Murray Hall.
- Accommodation fees range from £104-£141 per week for 40-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Strathclyde boasts a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students have the choice to pay in full or in instalments.
- Strathclyde Business School tuition fees cost £15,300 per year.
- Science based programmes tuition fees cost £19,750 per year.
- Humanities & Social Science based programmes tuition fees cost between £15,300 – £18,700 per year.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost between £18,100 – £21,900 per year.
- Placement year costs around £910.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Strathclyde offers scholarships:
- UoS Performance Sport Scholarship
- Strathclyde Business School International Scholarship
- Engineering International Scholarship
- Asylum Seeker Scholarship
- Science International Scholarship
- Country specific Scholarships
- Subject specific Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Strathclyde is leading research in:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Materials
- Health & Wellbeing
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Measurement Science & Technologies
- Ocean, Air & Space
- Society & Policy
RANK - 2021
RANK - Chemical Engineering
RANK - Business & Management Studies
RANK - Aeronautical Engineering
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|