University of Sunderland
Location: Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
About the University
University of Sunderland is a public research university founded in 1901 as Sunderland Technical College until it became a university in 1992. The university accommodates over 14,700 students with 2,800 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Sunderland that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of for standard, double, large and extra large rooms located at four accommodation sites less than a mile from the main city campus: Clanny House; Panns Bank; Scotia Quay; and The Forge U Student Village.
- Accommodation fees range from £78-£154 per week for 40-50 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Sunderland does not have a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are not charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students have the option to pay in full or in instalments.
- Undergraduate programme course tuition fee cost £12,000 for first year.
- Postgraduate taught programme course tuition fee cost between £13,000 – £14,000 for first year.
- Postgraduate research programme course (PhD/MPhil) tuition fee cost £4,464 for the year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Sunderland offers scholarships:
- International Scholarship
- The Integrated Foundation Year Scholarship
- Get There Scholarship
- StudyPlus Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Sunderland is leading research in:
- Arts and Creative Industries
- Business, Law and Tourism
- Computer Science
- Education and Society
- Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing
- Health Sciences and Wellbeing
RANK - 2021
RANK - Communication & Media Studies
RANK - Education
RANK - Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|