University of Surrey
About the University
University of Surrey is a public research university founded in 1891 as Battersea Polytechnic Institute until it became a university in 1966. The university accommodates over 16,800 students with 3,400 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of Surrey that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of shared, standard, ensuite and studio rooms accommodation building. More than 6,000 rooms. £250 deposit for room booking.
- Accommodation fees range from £72-£231 per week for 40-51 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of Surrey does not have a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are not charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students are required to pay their tuition fees in full or in instalments. Also annual tuition fees will rise by 4% for each year of study.
- Surrey Business School tuition fees cost £18,500 for first year.
- Surrey Medical School tuition fees cost £34,400 for first year.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost between £21,400 – £22,400 for first year.
- Science Based programmes tuition fee cost between £21,400 – £22,400 for first year.
- Postgraduate taught programme tuition fee cost between £18,000 – £22,000 for the year.
- Placement year costs £1,850.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Study Group
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of Surrey offers scholarships:
- Surrey International Masters Scholarship
- Surrey MBA Scholarship
- Women in Leadership Scholarship
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of Surrey is leading research in:
- Sustainability in cities, communities and economies
- Urban Living
- Lifelong Health
- Technology and Society
RANK - 2021
RANK - Aeronautical Engineering
RANK - Materials Technology
RANK - Veterinary Medicine
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|