University of York
About the University
University of York is a public research university founded in 1963. The university accommodates over 20,000 students with 5,500 being postgraduates.
There is a large selection of accommodation offers available at University of York that you can choose from. As an undergraduate or international student you will have priority for a place in the accommodation provided by the university for your first year of study:
- Options of shared and ensuite rooms over 9 accommodation sites: Halifax; Vanbrugh; Derwent; Goodricke; James; Alcuin; Langwith; and Constantine.
- Accommodation fees range from £99-£196 per week for 40-50 weeks.
- Each housing accommodation offers different local university facilities such as study spaces, bike storage, laundry rooms and vending machines. All bills are included in the rent.
International Student - Finance
University of York does not have a ‘fixed fee structure’ meaning any new international undergraduate (excluding medicine) and postgraduate research students commencing in 2020/21 are not charged the same tuition fee for each year.
- International students have the option to pay tuition fees in full or in instalments. Tuition fees increase by a max of 2% for every year of study.
- York Business School tuition fees cost £21,890 for first year.
- Engineering programmes tuition fees cost £22,720 per year.
- Science based courses tuition fees cost £18,240 per year.
For any student that has had their education disrupted or have no recognizable qualifications however meet the minimum English requirements of IELT 5.5 and required Maths skills you may still be eligible to progress onto university. With SkillMe we can provide you a pathway to a degree using our pathway provider partnerships.
University Pathway providers:
- Kaplan International
If you are student from a financial background that cannot support your education at the University of interest, you can apply for scholarships. Depending on the scholarships eligibility requirements and you successfully achieving them can grant you funding for your living expenses and tuition fees. Depending on the selected course and scholarships available, the various funding opportunities are varied.
University of York offers scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Equal Access Scholarships
- Country Specific Scholarships
All universities are involved in international collaborations with university institutions, government and private industries. Each university is usually engaged in research projects which are good indicators of the specialties that the university has. It is a good indicator of what degree programmes offered could have additional learning resources if the subject is aligned with the research. This can promote and improve the quality of learning and open opportunities for your career. University of York is leading research in:
- Culture and Communication
- Environmental Sustainability and Resilience
- Health and Wellbeing
- Justice and Equality
- Risk, Evidence and Decision Making
- Technologies for the Future
RANK - 2021
RANK - Chemistry
RANK - Computer Science
RANK - Biological Sciences
University Student Statistics
Undergraduate (All) Students
Postgraduate (Research) Students
Postgraduate (Taught) Students
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Study Level||University||Country|
|Course Name||Study Level|